Thursday 21 March 2013

Sad goodbyes, farewell Peru

And so we fly back to Lima, and back to the hotel where it all started in the Antigua Miraflores. We get settled back in and arrange to have dinner at 6ish. I am keen to try ceviche, so think that is a must before I leave. Yuri knows a good place, just over the road... Literally... so it's off to get unpacked and ready for a night out in Lima.

Dinner is delicious, although I think I accidentally ordered two main courses. The ceviche came out and was a huge plate of raw fish.. I knew that was what ceviche was but wasn't expecting the volume, but persevere as best I can through what feels like 1kg of raw fish!!!! The duck ragout pasta to follow is huge too, but delicious. And we get complimentary deserts just in case we weren't already full!!!! It's time to say our farewell speeches as this is the last time we will all be together, it gets a bit emotional and there are some tears. But it has been a real journey for all of us I think, and everyone has had their own unique and amazing experience as a result.

Tears over, I am glad to walk off dinner, and we head to The Old Pub for Pisco, saying goodbye to Curtis and Rachel on the way. Here we catch up with our Inca Trail buddies and the night descends into drinks, catching up and dancing... Thankfully the bars shut early here so it's not a late one, but yet again a good night out with everyone and more sad goodbyes as we all go our separate ways, some home and some to new places to travel.

It's really just taking it easy in Lima from this point and making the most of the downtime, there are some Pre-inca sites to visit and the ocean is lovely for walking and relaxing, I'm happy at this point to take it easy as my next stop is Miami, which will be anything but relaxed and probably a bit of a culture shock after South America and its laid back style of living. I am so excited that Helen my bessie will be coming to join me from now on, a partner in crime to enjoy the last few weeks of my adventure.... I can't say I have ever been lonely on this trip, in fact at times I have craved sanctuary of my own company, but to see such a good friend now is just perfect for me... I wish they were all coming!! I miss my family and friends very much and am looking forward to seeing them all on the 6th April for a big celebration and some horse racing shenanigans in Liverpool... Thankfully I won't be tango'd like the rest of them ... Lol !!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment