Thursday 21 March 2013

Back to Cuzco, time for shopping

So today I drag myself to breakfast and meet Peggy and Kathy, we are keen to go and see the local jeweller who makes their own silver and gold onsite. Yuri arranges to take us there, and have to say it is a worthwhile visit. We are shown all the rocks, gems and shells used and shown how they make everything by hand. Just beautiful, I am particularly taken by the green Machu Picchu stone...

We spend the next hour(s) just browsing, the owner literally opens 4 rooms of beautiful jewellery and says go for your life, here's a basket... Well sadly the basket is way too small, and there is far too much choice. We are like 3 kids in a sweetie factory. Every time I put 1 thing back, I pick up 3 more... Let's just say, I don't need to buy jewellery for a while.

The rest of the day is just a bite to eat, sight seeing and shops nothing hectic and plans to meet for dinner in the evening we head to the sister restaurant from the previous night. The food equally as amazing, I have Peruvian stuffed potatoes as well as hot stone steak... yummy, or rico as you would say in Peru. Next stop early night, my bed is calling and tomorrow we have a 7hr bus journey to Puno to handle. However, Yuri agrees to lighten the trip that we will have a Pisco Sour making lesson.... Something to look forward to!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment