Thursday 7 March 2013

Rest day in Antigua

Next day the guys return my dresses thankfully still in one piece, although I am still debating if I would ever wear them again!! It's a nice relaxing day off for me today, and apparently the rugby is on England vs. France. So I head to meet the last of the crew still in town and grab a drink at the yacht club settling down for some six nations rugby. Thankfully England win, we have a few French in and the rivalry across the bar is fun to watch along with the game.

In the evening some of the crew turn up that will be joining me in the Heineken Regatta in St Maarten, and will be sailing up with us tomorrow. Northern Child, Southern Child (my next boat for racing on) and EH01 will be making a convoy up to St Maarten in the morning. Vadmin and Tony (both from NYC) join us at the club and we all arrange dinner at Trappa's for that evening.

Food is good and everyone gets up to make a speech one at a time, have to say I think we are the loudest people in here. We are occassionally joined by Louis who works for RORC and breaks out into Rugby songs in light of our victory over France and "ou est la papier" rings out across Falmouth Harbour as the guys join in... All in all a fun end to a great racing week and a farewell to Antigua, although not long before I will be back again!!

Tomorrow morning we will be sailing for St Maarten, and the next set of racing with a new crew.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment