Sunday 10 March 2013

Rest day in St Maarten

So after the wonders of the regatta, the late nights and early starts and hard sailing it is ridiculously nice to have a lie in!!! I think I eventually get up at 10am... After all it's another beautiful day in the Caribbean, and it's a waste to spend it in bed. I meet up with the crew that remain in Jimbo's, say farewell to those heading home soon, and make plans with the rest for a final night... Curry Night!!!

I spend the rest of my day, relaxing on the beach followed by packing and getting ready to head back to Antigua tomorrow on EH01. I'm looking forward to the delivery back, getting my old bunk and helming on her, it's been a while. The sea is amazing and it's such a relaxing day time to recharged a little as I will shortly be on tour and climbing Macchu Picchu... As always, sad to be going but excited with my next adventure.

We meet up in Jimbo's, everyone keen to use up the last of their Jimbo dollars before we leave. Then head to Lal's Curry in a Hurry... It's seems everyone in St Maarten has the same idea as us and so we have to find another curry house, at the other end of town... No idea of the name, but let's just say empty and plastic sheeting on the tables. However, they do have wifi!!

We all order our curry, and it's pretty damn spicy... One thing that doesn't mix, sunburnt lips and curry so there is plenty of water being thrown down our necks. We have a great time talking about the many adrenalin sports the various crew do. The Northern Child crew are from Michigan and basically do ice yachting, DN Ice yachting google it or look on you tube, it's crazy! So now we have an open invite. Ice windsurfing .... Hmmm, now thats crazy talk. All in all a great night and some new outdoor sports to look up. And so my time in St Maarten comes to an end, one last sail to Antigua and its off for another type of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment