Saturday 30 March 2013

Back to the future

So, it's my final day in Miami and tomorrow will be winging my way to Ol' Me Hi Co..... As they say. So what better way to spend the day than shopping!! The plan was a little shop and then pool, but ended up a lot of shopping. In the morning too I checked emails and to my surprise was sent through an excellent job, after speaking with the recruiter I was happy I wanted to apply so started to gather my application together, getting a copy of my CV and requesting references etc. the usual.

This was enough to drag me back to the reality that I could end up working on the 6th May!!!! To be honest, it's not a bad thought I have had such an amazing time I think I'm ready to take all my energy now and aim to balance my work life and pleasures. I have found new things I enjoy, and had amazing adventures, and now that the pace is slowing dramatically towards the end of this adventure I'm getting... How can I say it... a little bored.... and craving some excitement or something new.

Anyway, back to shopping.... We head to Aventura Mall just out of town about 35 minutes. All the malls are pretty much out of town, this has , Macies and the big department stores and designer shops. Not as crazy high end as some of the others, just nice, plus some sales are on so we are seeking a few bargains if we can. Of course there are UK stores here, but best to avoid them... I didn't come to Miami to buy All Saints or Ted Baker!

I am specifically looking for a dress for the Grand National on the 6th April, and any accessories to go with it. After a good few hours I end up with 4 dresses and a top! All bargains, except the national dress but it's gorgeous and by the same designer of the dress I wore last year too so I love it. The rest of the day is just chilled, dinner and a nice bottle of red ... Very civilised! Followed by packing.... Luckily it all fits although I do have to borrow space in Helen's case for my dresses as they don't go well in a back pack!

I'm looking forward to leaving Miami, the weather hasn't been great here and I'm not overly enamoured with the place to be honest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment