Saturday 23 February 2013

Rio - Miami - Antigua

So it Valentines day and here I am with a 6 hour lay over in Miami at 5am.... Lots of pacing up and down concourse D!! Eventually I get my flight to Antigua, and not long before I am there... Someone on the plane struggling with the F to C conversion thinking its 40c outside, trust me... Compared to Rio, it's a bit chilly here in the Caribbean!

I get to my room in the Ocean Inn... Let's just say, compared to the hostel I've just been in, this is heaven!!! And a view to die for!

Next stop Falmouth Harbour and my crew mates.... So I get ready to meet and greet. Down to GYR and EH01 my home away from home, I've spent nearly 6000 nautical miles of my life on this yacht... It has a place in my heart.

So I meet my new crew mates for the RORC caribbean 600 HP, Joe, Paul, Eduardo, Jeff (JR), Andrew and then of course my skipper Andy, first mate Marcus, and bowman Gareth. It's just a light welcome with dinner at the Mad Mongoose. It's hard to tell what it's going to be like from first impressions, but hopefully it will be good. Not all the crew are in, still 3 more to come but tomorrow is the start with training.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment