Thursday 7 February 2013

Island life... Sweet like honey!

So another early start (I have to say this tour lark is a bit like having to work, bed by 9pm up at 7am!! Haha... ) so after a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, which is a first so far and a welcome relief from bread and cake, we head onto our little mini bus. 20 mins in to the journey the bus is overheating and the water leaking... So we are now in for a stop start journey to get to our boat! Thankfully though we make it, and are soon speeding to our next destination across the water Ilha do Mel!! Island of Honey.

The sun is shining, the water is blue, the beaches are sandy and clean, it's truly a small paradise island and a welcome change from the bustle of cities. Thomas gives us some orientation around the surf beaches and what to do and we head to VilaVerde our little Inn on the island. Once we are settled we get a little tour, and go for lunch... I have crab salad and sushi, brave I know (especially as everyone in the group see,s to be dropping like flies with sickness) but hey I like to live dangerously, anyway the others share the sushi so we share the risk.

We have a look around then head to the swimming beach, the water is gorgeous and it's sunny and warm so it's nice to rest for a while and have a swim. There is a current you can tell whilst swimming, if I go left I move quickly if I go right I pretty much swim on the spot!!

Tonight there is a party in the island so we get some vodka in, crack open the UNO before dinner and get ready. It's not long before I start to realise I don't feel to hot! One "club social" (Brazil's equivalent of the ritz cracker) and hmmm... I think I might be sick! That is a sign, not to mention its taking me 1 and 1/2 hrs to finish my vodka lemon! So, sadly I retire, and yep... Food poisoning strikes, game over.... No party for me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment