Tuesday 29 January 2013

Scorchio in the city...

So today is my final day, with the temperature set to hit 36C today so sun hat, sunscreen and plenty of water! Diego actually asked me what they call people with my kind of skin... ?

As a group we take a walking tour, well I say walking we walked as far as the bus stop (probably 500m) and already we lost the guide! I can see this is going to be interesting... So, we squeeze on with all the commuters and head to La Boca. This is a district where there is a nice street, and that is about it.. You don't go on your own, and definitely not at night! It is really lovely, reminds me of the district in Cape Town Bo-Kapp.

We then head back to the centre, and walk round the city and up to Cafe Tortoni for the history of Tango, all very interesting stuff. Then the rest of the pack head to Recoletta which I already did and I head to Teatro Colon for a tour of the theatre which is beautiful. Then it's back to the hotel as by now I am literally cooking in my flip flops... I am the colour of a medium rare steak!!

I decide to have one last trip to Palermo Soho, for some fruity goodness in the blue bar... Blueberries being the speaciality and I am craving a fruit smoothie! I am persuaded by Diego to take the sub-t subway apparently 5 blocks away... Hmm, 10 blocks later I'm all set on my way to Palermo. More Spanish speaking, I'm getting the hang of this, even if blueberry smoothie is the same in Spanish!! haha..

I even manage to get a cab, give directions and location and get back to the hotel. The cab driver did try to talk to me and we struggled through whilst he asked about my colour... Rojo.. And the heat, 20seconds later the conversation ends and we silently finish the journey.. "no entiendo" phrase of my trip so far!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment