Thursday 24 January 2013

The start of the journey

So here I am finally at the start of my adventure into South America, and other places in that general part of the world (don't worry I will bore you with my full itinerary later no doubt!!!!), LHR Terminal 5, at the bar... red wine in hand and duty free purchased! I now have my Spanish and Portuguese phrase books and am not afraid to use them.

Facing the realisation that for the first time in a long time I am really "on my own", none of the safety and security of family and friends round the corner (I miss you all already x). Daunting as that feels (just a bit!), I'm still very excited for my adventure and the trip ahead and looking forward to sharing on my blog the highs and lows. There is nothing like the prospect of 14hrs on a plane to get you going.....

I have about 10 minutes now till the "gate opens", what a great phrase..... Simply at this point wondering what is on the other side... So, let's hope in the meantime no political nonesense kicks off before I get to Argentina, Buenos Aires.... (don't cry for me...), best get playlist no. 1 on the go, Glee's version of Evita... ! Sweet ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment