Friday 25 January 2013

Hola Buenos Aires

So after a really very smooth 13 and a half hour flight..... Some rather tasty (no, that is not a joke) airplane food, a couple of exciting films and a bit of a nap (yes I did actually manage to sleep for about 7 hours) I arrived safe and sound in Buenos Aires. After being seated next to a local for this time... Sorry girls I can't provide images of young gorgeous man with an accent, but a nicer older gentleman, who seemed to feel obliged to give some helpful tips and advice to the poor English girl next to him who seemed to appear like a rabbit in headlights, completely unprepared for Argentina! I think at one point he actually sighed at me...

So, helpful tips in hand (to be honest reaffirming the primary interest in this country of steak and tango!) I manage to maneuver my way past the Scottish OAP fishing party, through customs, passport control, where they had to physically put my thumb in the right place after about 10 failed attempts.... I finally make it out into the airport bussle and heat to grab myself a safe and authorised cab.

Next stop Luba Tango House.... I am greeted by a lovely, friendly, happy woman a good foot smaller than me, Luba. She shows me around her lovely home, cosy and right in the heart of Palermo. She has 3 rooms, one occupied by a mother and daughter from the US, another by an young Aussie guy leaving today, and the last little room is mine. I instantly feel welcome and at home, so put on the kettle for a nice cup of tea....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment