Tuesday 30 April 2013

Birthday shenanigans, start as I mean to go on...

So, the day is finally here.... I wake up and yes.. I am 40! Lots of lovely Facebook messages, texts and a few calls make the morning special. Breakfast is lovely, a great buffet and I always love an omelette. I fill up on food and decide to let it settle, take a walk round and then go for a run. Now for those who know me, I don't run.... But beaches can be the only exception... Rare exception!! There is something about the sand and ocean that blocks out my natural aversion to running...

So in Cocobay there are three beaches, all making up a really nice running circuit which is beautiful and scenic and probably about 5k all told. It takes about 45 minutes to run altogether. After my run I take it easy on the beach, go for a swim and enjoy relaxing for a while. Lunch is a buffet as well, so I fill up on more fish and lovely food. Cocobay resort is really lovely, beautiful location but there isn't much to do in the resort itself, and watersports you have to pay for such as sea kayak, jet ski, hobie cat etc. so it doesn't have as much on offer as other all inclusives.

It is soon time to head to English Harbour to meet up with Gareth and go for birthday drinks. It takes about 45minutes to get there, I meet Gareth in Skullduggery and a few other familiar faces and have brought the free champagne and beer from my room to start the evening off. The classic yacht regatta is on and so the harbour is packed with people, and there are some really beautiful boats around.

We go to pick up the tender "baby box" as it's knows, which is blocked in by a sea of other tenders of all sizes from all the nearby boats, and we then start to manoeuvre our way out. At this point we realise the tender isn't exactly overly inflated.... It's tiny and with 4 of us on board it's struggling a bit, so it's a slow journey trying to stay dry on the way to EH01. But we finally make it safe and sound and get on board.

I wait while the guys get themselves organised, and crack open the free champers. It's nice to be back on EH01 for my birthday, I've spent so much time on her it's a bit like a home away from home. Gareth gets the tender inflated again and we head back to the Yacht Club for the classic regatta party, there is a live band, lots of people and free rum punch!

Gareth speaks to the band and they do a shout out for me for my birthday, lots of fun is had with singing and dancing. All together it was a fun way to see in my 40s!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. hey,bumped into your blog and was good to see you again(at least your picture)been trying to get hold you for sometime now.....its julian(remember me?)..say hey when you can..newton2001gh@yahoo.com..would be good to catch up..

    ReplyDelete